Coffee drinkers and brewers are aware that the key to quality beverage is how the grinder grinds the coffee beans. That is why it’s good to get the best burr coffee grinder . If the coffee is not of the same size, the water flow and flavor will differ. This can make the coffee taste too intense than normal. There is different types of burr coffee grinder, which are conical and wheel burr grinder. They don’t have much difference, but that little disparity can decide how good your coffee will taste. The Wheel burrs are messy and nosier than the conical type, which can make the process of the coffee brewing frustrating. The conical burr grinder makes less noise during the process of coffee grinding in the morning. We will be showing you the best coffee grinder you can get in this review and the main features to consider in making the right choice.
Factors to Consider While Selecting Burr Coffee Grinder
Knowing the features to look out for when buying a burr coffee grinder is very important. Below are the essential factors to consider in choosing the best burr coffee grinder:
- Conical or Flat Shaped Burrs: The conical grinder is available in a variety of sizes in the market today. They are designed with a large surface area to the flat-shaped burr grinder. They make less noise and can shed more heat. Flat burrs are considered to have a full diameter and can also shed heat.
- Ceramic or Steel Burrs: The burr types of grinder are usually produced from ceramics or stainless steel. The steel type is cost-effective but doesn’t last long. The ceramics option is costly but last long.
- Stepless or Stepped Grinder: The lever system of the burr grinder allows you to adjust it to the level you want. This adjustment can make a drastic change in the taste of the coffee.
- Grind Settings:You should get a burr coffee grinderthat has a different setting, which gives you the option to choose what you need from your grinder. The household grinder may not need too much setting, but the commercial types will surely need an additional burr grinding setting.
- Storage Capabilities of Grinder: You should go for a burr coffee grinder that can accommodate much coffee at once during grinding. You won’t want to wait endlessly for your coffee to be ground especially if you have an appointment early in the morning. Buying the right coffee grinder that can grind much coffee with high speed will be an excellent choice
- Consistent grind: You should select the best burr coffee grinder that will give you the same texture of the coffee ground. There should be a consistent grind without any trace of leftover chunks.
- Ease of cleaning: A burr grinder that easy to clean with a damp cloth after grinding is better than those you will need to maneuver there blade to clean the leftover. This is because a burr grinder that needs soap to get it cleaned may affect the aftertaste of any coffee you may want to grind later.
- Noise: One thing you don’t want to be disturbed by is the sound of a coffee grinder. If you can’t tolerate the noise that will be coming from this grinder, it’s better to go for a manual coffee grinder.
Top 5 Burr Coffee Grinders On The Market
#1. Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder
The will grid the size of the coffee you need from it. They have more than ten different settings for the grinding of the coffee. And you can also get different colors of the coffee grinder. If you want to grind a small coffee , you can set the time a little shorter. But if you want to grind plenty coffee beans you will need to set the time longer. This grinder gives you all the control you need, and they are more durable.
#2. Capresso 565 Infinity Stainless Steel Conical Burr Grinder
You can choose the size of the coffee ground with this burr coffee grinder. The Capresso 565 lets you choose what you want out of your coffee beans, from the boulder to fine to determine the flavor you need from it. The grinder has a lot of features that may take much longer to get used to. The material your burr coffee grinder is made from is also important. The 565 has burrs made of stainless which makes it more durable than most coffee grinders in the market. The consistent grain size and how quiet the machine is what any coffee lover will want from their coffee grinder. You will set not only the grain size of the coffee but also the time you will want the coffee to be ground. You can be more than sure that you will get the best out of this coffee grinder.
#3. Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
This is one of the best budget-friendly burr coffee grinders with great futures; the DBM-8 has all the quality you will need from any coffee grinder. This cheap burr coffee grinder has a lot of features than most high-end coffee grinders. You can select out of the 18 grind setting on this machine to get the flavor of the coffee you want. This is one of the best low priced coffee grinders with excellent features you can get on the market today.
#4. KRUPS GX5000 Electric Coffee Burr Grinder
This is an electric grinder for your kitchen. This has consistency coffee grinding and settings. They can also be used to grind seeds, nuts, spices and coffee beans. Ensure the lid is covered before grinding, without this it will give a defective false alarm and refuse to grind. The GX5000 is good except for the noise coming from the device. The burr coffee grinder does not have sound insulation. This machine is a great coffee grinder you will want to have in your kitchen, and you can run the alarm in your household.
#5. Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder
This is silent burr coffee grinder you will love to have around. They operate at a very high speed with different grinding settings. You will only be able to retain the taste of your coffee ground by grinding it at a lower speed. They are made of stainless steel which contributed to the weight of the grinder and makes it durable. The only downside to this coffee grinder is how you clean it. But aside that, the burr coffee grinder is of high quality for daily use.
Above is the different burr coffee grinder you can choose from. You can use some of the features listed in this article to determine the best burr coffee grinder to buy. You have to decide if you are going for the manual or electric burr coffee grinders, and every other added feature to your coffee grinder will attract the additional fee. The maintenance of the grinder is another important factor you will need to consider when buying your coffee grinders. The warranty and the capacity of the burr coffee grinder is another important element to consider because it can be used for household and commercial need.